NUTRITIONAL GUIDELINES FOR FILIPINOS
- Eat a variety of foods everyday.
- Breastfeed infants exclusively from birth to 4-6 months, and then, give appropriate foods while continuing breastfeeding.
- Maintain children's normal growth through proper diet and monitor their growth regularly.
- Consume fish, lean meat, poultry or dried beans.
- Eat more vegetables, fruits, and root crops.
- Eat foods cooked in edible/cooking oil daily.
- Consume milk, milk products or other calcium-rich foods such as small fish and dark green leafy vegetables everyday.
- Use iodized salt, but avoid excessive intake of salty foods.
- Eat clean and safe food.
- For a healthy lifestyle and good nutrition, exercise regularly, do not smoke, and avoid drinking alcoholic beverages.
Revised Edition 2000 FNRI-DOST
Developed by: Clinical Nutrition Section Medical Nutrition Division
There are no upcoming events at this time.
Active forum topics
Stay informed on our latest news!